Sunday, June 30, 2013

Senart's - Basics Done Well



Senart's

520 8th Street SE




Burger



Senart’s is located on what is now, Barrack’s Row, which I consider Eastern Market. Its been open for a couple of years and I like this place. 
Senart’s is located on 8th street and the eateries are packed tight. If for instance you head out of the house and not sure what you have a taste for you can walk down this street and go door to door to explore your choices. Not kidding, this area is packed solid with choices so competition is stiff. I would imagine that when you have so many choices the most important way to stand out is with customer service and Senart's does this well.
When VH1 suggested that we hang out and catch up TR did the tough part of deciding where we should go and suggested we grab a bite here. We all have been here for brunch and keep coming back because we enjoy the food, atmosphere and friendly service. Dinner is also very good and worth a try. The menu is priced just right for the quality and portions. 




Eastern Shore Morning



Although I am unfortunately not a fan of the Chowder soup we can all vouch for the standard breakfast fare that they serve up.
The menu is here and take a look at the pics of what we enjoyed. VH1 was the first to arrive and texted me to say she had a nice seat at the window. Senart's has a long narrow rectangular configuration so there is not a lot of room for window seating, actually only one booth but they do have a few tables outdoors under shade. 


We had a great seat in front of the window with a really nice breeze, and view of the street to people watch. Perfect for a enjoying a drink so we started out with the Pimm's Cup. I think this was bourbon - I think - served tall, this hit the spot!
I actually ate earlier that morning and was determined to go on the light side until I saw the burger on the menu. I figured I’d eat half and take the rest home for later but after the first bite I couldn’t stop myself. Grassfeed beef, cheese, drizzled with aioli sauce and topped with a golden fried onion. The bun was so soft, this burger was excellent. There was a side garden salad composed of simple greens tossed in a lite dressing that had a hint of salt. Sounds odd but the taste was perfect - loved it.

Eggs Your Way

VH1 started off with a selection from the raw bar. I think it was the daily selection of oysters followed by a shooter. She really seemed to enjoy it. 
TR got Eggs Your Way with bacon. The toast is Texas style. TR really enjoyed this and its what I normally get as well. Comes with a nice side of fruit.
Senart's is one of my go to spots when I want a simple staple brunch or dinner. Its consistently good familiar food at reasonable prices so I recommend it if you are in this area.
Parking can be difficult so you so you may want to consider taking the metro blue or orange line to the eastern market stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment