Monday, April 22, 2013

Le Pain Quotidien - Our Daily Bread

Le Pain Quotidien

Multiple Locations, DC, VA

April 2013

Our Daily Bread

Le Pain Quotidien is a lovely little gem. Its different from most eateries we have in the DMV and I just love it. It’s a cozy setting, great place to meet up with friends at their communal tables made from reclaimed wood, solo or weekend mornings for a little Nosh on your way to the flea market.
 I never have regrets when I leave here because the menu is filled with vegan and organic light fare. This is my go to place when I want something yummy while keeping my calorie count low. But if you want to cheat a little there are marvelous pastries, muffins, turnovers, cookies, tarts and of course Pain. Did I mention that I love this place?

I normally visit the Tyson’s Corner location, right outside of Bloomingdales, (I think it’s competing with the Café in Nordstrom) Downtown near the White House or Clarendon  in Arlington. I think they do well at giving you the feeling of a Belgium or French café.  I will say that the Eastern Market location seems to be a little challenged sometimes, maybe some leftover bad  qi from the old Bread and Chocolate, as it is usually very busy on the weekends. Although smaller than the other locations they have outdoor seating  creating a prime spot to people watch when the weather is nice.


I think they have a rotating seasonal menu and the selections range from ….well check it out here.  Le Pain Quotidien food is consistently fresh which keeps me coming back. I normally get a salad - Salmon and Beet Salad or the Soup of the day – Chicken with Quinoa. They also serve breakfast and of course all variations of tea, coffee and Belgian Hot Chocolate!
You can reach the Eastern Market, Farragut West and Clarendon locations on the metro orange or blue lines.
This outfits seems extremely aware of the concept of ‘competition’ and when I am there they seem to constantly focus on getting it right.








No comments:

Post a Comment